Fedboard

Fedboard Foren-Übersicht   >  ENTERPRISE  >  SPOILER - Live Chat mit Steven Culp

Autor
Nachricht Neues Thema eröffnen  Neue Antwort erstellen
Conelly
Captain

Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden   Verfasst am: 20.05.2004, 08:21   Beitrag Antworten mit Zitat

SPOILER - Live Chat mit Steven Culp

Moin!

Ich hatte gestern die Gelegenheit mal bei einem Livechat auf Startrek.com dabei zu sein, naemlich mit Steven Culp aka Major Hayes aus der dritten Staffel. Leider wurde das ganze moderiert und meine Fragen hatten wohl schon andere gestellt. Aber egal, interessant war es trotzdem. Und nach dem Gespraech zu urteilen, ein sehr sympathischer Schauspieler. Smile

Ich poste mal die interessantesten Sachen.

StarR2night: How did you get the role of Hayes? How did you hear about it? Was it something that was specifically offered to you? It seems tailor made for you. Smile

SC: Well, thank you. It's actually kind of different than the usual roles I've been playing. My manager called one afternoon and said there was this role on Star Trek: Enterprise, she faxed the material, there wasn't a lot on the page, and I resisted going in for it. But Ron Surma, the casting director, had assured her that this character would become more prominent as the season went along, and at that time they were talking about him appearing in as many as 10 epsiodes, so I decided to go in and read for it.

Lisa: Hi Steven. Thanks for talking with us. Do you know if you and the MACOs will be back next season?

SC: I think the intention was to have the MACOs here only for the Xindi arc, but it's possible that they could bring the MACOs back next season. I think that's probably up in the air. I can't speak for the writers or producers, but I think we won't really know that until they map out the next season. So at this point it's too early to say.

designationlocutus: The deleted scene between Madden and Riker in "Star Trek: Nemesis" was priceless, I felt it should have been left in the final release. Did you enjoy shooting that scene?

SC: I did enjoy shooting that scene. My agents had sent me a slightly different version of the scene and asked me if I was interested in going in and reading for it. I know I sound like the pickiest actor in the world, but my first response was "absolutely not." It was such a tiny little scene. But then I ended up reading the script over the weekend, and I thought it was just a terrific script, and then I saw how the character of Madden actually fit into the movie and I thought it would be the coolest thing in the world to just show up at the end of this movie and take over as second in command on the Enterprise. Originally I was going to do it as a total cameo appearance with no credit, because it just seemed like a cool thing to do.

So yes, I did enjoy shooting that scene. As soon as I heard they were cutting 40-50 minutes out of the film, though, I had a feeling that the scene would not survive and I was right. I did see it on the DVD and I have to say I think I could have performed it better. Although I don't think that had anything to do with it being cut.

Elswyth: What's your favourite thing about the character of Major Hayes?

SC: His uniform. Just kidding

Host Too: What's on those uniforms anyway?

SC: That stuff on the uniforms is camouflage. It's space, we're blending into the galaxy. I'm not sure what my favorite thing about Major Hayes is. He's still somewhat mysterious to me. He's very self-effacing, in the sense that he puts the job before everything. If you'll notice in the "Harbinger" episode, when he and Reed have their fight, the big question on Hayes' mind is "Why won't you let me do my job?" I can speculate a lot about his background, what drives him, and where he comes from, but all that seems to be irrelevant. When you see him on Enterprise, he seems to be someone who's not interested in sharing anything about himself. Because that's not what the job requires. I think you'll see some interesting things tonight, there are moments, especially toward the end, where another person might be concerned about themselves, but Hayes' concern is always with other crewmen and giving Reed advice. He's very, as I say, self-effacing, in his way. But at the same time he's not a shrinking violet. He's very definite in his ideas about what constitutes duty and honor and allegience and being a good soldier and being someone who can lead men.

AD: Does Hayes have a first name?

SC: We were speculating ... Jeremiah. Because it does say "J" on the uniform. And then of course, there are those who think his name is simply "Jay." But you have to wonder if he has ever actually told anyone on the Enterprise his first name. I think possibly not.

Tek: How do you feel about being part of Star Trek history?

SC: I think it's fabulous. Since I couldn't be part of the history in "Nemesis," it's good to be a part of the history here. And it really is historical. This is a show, and here I'm talking about the entire Star Trek mythos, if you will, this is a show that has had a profound impact on our culture and still sends out a message of peace and unity between disparate and dissimilar cultures. It still inspires us to explore worlds and accept worlds that are not like ours, and that is a message that is as timely as it ever was. And I'm proud to be a part of it.

Komplettes Transscript gibt es hier.

Gruss B.

Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde Neues Thema eröffnen  Neue Antwort erstellen

Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Vielen Dank an unsere Supporter:

Berlitzclan / Star Trek - Mehr als nur Fernsehen | Green Mole - Star Trek Database | Starfleet Intelligence - Bolian Sector |

Star Trek - Ein Überblick | UFP-Terminal | Unimatrix 0-1 |